Friday, August 1, 2008

It's Friday.

And I can't tell you where this week went!!

I was so nervous about being on my own this week, but it turned out to be really enjoyable.

Laila is sleeping really well for me. She usually starts off the night by sleeping a good 4-5 hours (usually from 9:00pm-2:00am or so). The times vary depending on her awake time in the evening, but it's been consistent all week. She will wake to feed anywhere between 2-4 hours after that and then sleep in in the morning until 9:00am-10:00am.
Delaney was a really good sleeper too so I am hoping she takes after her older sister in that regard.

Delaney and Cecelia have been playing really well together this week. More so than usual, as a matter of fact. Bringing home baby #3 has been easier than bringing home baby #2 because of the fact that there are two siblings to play together vs. the one older child feeling left out.

Delaney has named her favorite baby "Laila." Cecelia nurses her babies like Mommy. It's pretty adorable.

The days are pretty low key. The weather is too hot for Laila so we either take a family walk in the evening when Bill gets home, or one of us (Bill or I) will take the older kids out back to play for an hour or so while one of us stays in with the baby.

We've had dinner brought to us and dinner sent home in a cooler this week by friends and acquaintances (both who have babies of their own!). What a treat and possibly one of the nicest things someone can do for a new Mom.

Last night I went out to dinner with a couple of girlfriends and took Laila along while Bill took Cecelia to swimming lessons. He brought Laney with him to watch.
It felt good to get out of the house and have some girl time. Laila slept through dinner in her carseat. What a good girl.

This weekend is supposed to be really hot - once again. There are some projects I need to get done (birth announcements, Baptism invites, thank you notes, etc, etc) I also need to get the house re-organized and set up for daycare which will resume in two weeks.

I will, however, try and manage some pool time as well. I figure Bill and I can rotate inside/outside by the hour :-))

All in all, a good week I'd say.

More pictures to come and maybe even a video.

Have a great weekend everybody!

1 comment:

TBRKO said...

AJ I agree: The transition from two to three was much easier than one to two. I expected it to be far worse than it was. There is something to be said for the older two having one another to keep company.
I am glad you are feeling well and that Laila is sleeping decently. I keep thinking of you as I am in that final stretch where I am ready to kill someone...I know I can do it!