In the end, it didn't really matter what my house looked like.
We had a fabulous weekend.
Friday we picked up my mom from the airport but didn't make it to Alexandria because my cousin called (who had rented the cabin for the week) to say the weather was less than desirable. So instead, they came to us!!
Cecelia and Delaney were thrilled to be able to play with their cousin, Alex, who they rarely ever see because they live in Colorado.
Saturday morning my Grandma drove over from Little Falls to see all of us. We took the family and the two Grandmas (one Great-Grandma :-)) to a local regional park for a picnic. Even though the weather was cool Cecelia insisted on swimming in the lake. We took a nice long walk so we could chat and wear the kids out.
Before my mom flew home yesterday, her and I and the two older girls went to the MN State Fair. We saw baby pigs being born in the Miracle Birth Center, ate plenty of food on a stick and took the girls on the Sky Ride. Before we knew it, our 4 hours were up and it was time to head to the airport.
It's a shame the time goes by so fast.
Back to Monday. Laila didn't sleep well last night so I'm sort of running on fumes today.
I hope you all had a good weekend and enjoyed the cooler weather for a change.
2 comments:
Glad you guys had a great weekend. I am sure your mom was thrilled to meet Laila!
I was thinking that my baby starts third grade next week--the same grade you and I were in when we met. Too odd huh?
Your family gets cutier with every post, your little Laila is getting big w/a personality already. Can't wait to meet her. Grandma's are the best theres no doubt about it glad you were able to have some quality time.
Kami
Post a Comment