My Dad, along with some other family members, are on their way to Texas to comfort my Uncle Rob, aunt Theresa and cousins Natalee (18) and Nathan (16). They will be there throughout the weekend to attend Niki's memorial service as well that will take place on Friday afternoon.
This will be a gut wrenching weekend for all and I, once again, ask that you keep them (us) in your prayers.
The details of Niki's passing, I feel, should be kept mostly private and between family and friends. With this being such a public forum I do not want to risk exploiting anyone.
What I can tell you is that Niki's death was most unexpected and a devastating shock to my entire family.
My little cousin Nathan did try and save his older sister.
My uncle did not want to leave her side and needed assistance doing so.
Such tragedy is enought to take the breath straight from your body.
I feel like I have so much I want to say, but at the same time, cannot piece together any words.
Ironically, I read "Nitty Gritty's" blog today and thought that her words were perfect. If you get a chance, pop over to her blog. She said a lot of what I am thinking.
Thank you all for being my listening ear and support.
We are broken and sad, but your kind words lift our spirits.
3 comments:
It's just so sad. I have been thinking of you all morning. How old was she? Times like this never, ever make sense, but hopefully through prayer and faith, you will all find the strength to heal.
so sorry for your loss, it just doesn't seem fair. You and your family are in my prayers.
Kami
Oh AJ, I am so sorry for your loss. I hope you find comfort in your memories of her.
Post a Comment