I've found myself having a hard time transitioning my blog from posting about my DEARLY loved cousin back to my day-to-day life.
I want to tell you all about my weekend, the parade we went to, swimming out back, movies we watched, etc. However, I don't want it to sound like we have "moved on" from mourning our loss.
What I will start with is this: Life simply has to go on. For some of us we have no option to sit and cry and reflect for days on end. I have children who need my love and attention (and a peanut butter sandwich or a boob - depending on age). I need it too. I need the simple view of life through my children's eyes. I needed to see them *LIGHT UP* when the floats at the parade threw the first piece of candy at them.
My heart aches for my family in Texas who, today, finally laid Niki to rest.
My prayer for them is that some day they will be able to wake up in the morning and start their new normal.
Thanks again everyone.
More to come later this week.
3 comments:
That's why I didn't call last week. I just didn't feel like I should bother you. It's tough for you to be in that position...and I get what do you mean about moving on, but yet not. It's a yucky situation no matter which way you view it.
That's my girl. You have to focus on the positive, no matter how bad you want to hide from the world.
You have a healthy perspective--celebrate the moments with your children while offering silent prayers for your family far away.
Post a Comment