Monday, September 15, 2008

I Just Miss Him So Much....

I hope my Mom doesn't mind me sharing some of what she's feeling right now, but I feel that sharing can be therapeutic and prayers don't hurt much either.

Mom and Dave went to the marina to clean out her and Rick's boat for the fall over the weekend. She had a really hard time. My heart aches for the loss of my step Dad, but it aches even more for the loss of my Mom's husband.

She said: I just miss him so much....

Heartache has got to be the worst feeling on the planet. Just the worst! Some days it takes all that you've got to not scream your head off for no reason. The pain in your heart is so intense that no matter what you do to distract yourself it still throbs.

I know there's nothing we can do besides let time heal. In the mean time, I just want to say that this sucks the big one.

3 comments:

TBRKO said...

I agree and I think part of what makes it so hard (when I think of you all) is that your mom was deserving of such a great guy. Not that I would wish this on anyone, but I think you get it.
I am glad she is able to grieve and share with you all her feelings.

simplicity said...

I agree. My mom passed away last winter and while I am still sad and miss my mom, watching my dad battle a broken heart has been so hard. It's one of those hurts that you just can't fix, like you said, time has to heal.

Clare Marie said...

I agree though I have no words of wisdom. It makes me sad that your mom is without Rick.