Our Rick was one of the smartest men I knew. He was a successful businessman and entrepreneur.
He knew how to get what he wanted, in the way he wanted it, when he wanted it.
But, for me, his greatest quality was his unconditional love for his family.
Rick had just printed off pictures of his daughter, Joanna, and her new baby Grant off of his computer. They were still sitting by the printer when I arrived on Wednesday.
He loved us and we love him.
In particular, he loved my Mom.
Rick loved my Mom in every way she deserved. He respected her, admired her and adored the daylights out of her.
When they bought a lake place he named it after her – Claire View.
When he bought the boat of his dreams he named it after her – Claire Buoyant.
I can’t tell you how many times I heard him say to her “What can I get for you, Dear?” “Let me do that for you, Dear” “I love you, Dear.”
His love for her was mutual.
They loved each other hard…..the way a real couple – real soul mates should.
I’m not sure how we’ll get by without him here, but I know we’ll do it together because I know that’s what would make him the proudest.
We’ll miss you, Rick.
6 comments:
I wish there were more "Ricks" in the world. I wish that there were more truly happy soul mates in the world. It's so sad when an honestly blissful couple has to be apart too soon.
I'm so, so sorry A.J.
My prayers are with you and your family.
Holly
You were blessed to have known such a wonderful man... Not everybody gets to fall in love and truly know love the way your Mom did. You are in my thoughts.
Again, written beautifully. Can you send me your mom's address please?
Your tribute is so sweet. One of my favorite quotes is from a lyric by the Indigo Girls "If we ever leave a legacy it's that we loved each other well." Sounds like your mom and Rick achieved that.
My prayers are for your healing and for space and time to celebrate and grieve.
AJ you have such a way with words it takes my breath away everytime I read your blog. He really was wonderful and everyone was better just for knowing him. Our thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.
Kami
Post a Comment