Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Washington Post Opinion

In regard to the lack of experience between Obama and Palin I found this opinion in the Washington Post.
I'm usually not one to publicly share my political views, but I liked this message.

Too much experience blinds you to other possibilities, and knowledge is, according to Karl Popper, a relative and changing thing. Maybe ignorance is the best alternative.... Perhaps what we need in this country is leaders who do not know how things are done by career politicians. Perhaps what we need is leaders who understand that they do not have the knowledge to lead. Our founding fathers, I think, were keenly aware of this when they drafted the constitution and limited the powers of the presidency. Sarah Palin may or may not be a good candidate for the VP job; the same can be said for Barack Obama and the presidency. But the fact that someone may not have the qualifications that the media thinks are important poses no limitation on the capability of the person. I do not want more of "experienced leadership" that considers itself wise enough to make decisions for me. I want principled people who understand their own limitations and, yes, their own ignorance

2 comments:

TBRKO said...

Amen sister!

Clare Marie said...

Ha-ha I made you think. That is what you get!