Some days I'm just not sure what to post about because my days are such a roller coaster ride. One minute I want to vent. One minute I want to praise. One moment I want to laugh. One moment I want to cry.
For example. Picking up Cecelia from preschool today I wanted to vent because the moment she stepped out of the classroom she started in on me..."Can we go to McDonald's?" "Why not?!?" "Why can't I go in the snow?" "But these ARE snowboots" "Yes! They are!" "You never let me do ANYTHING!'
But tonight at dinner time was a whole other scenerio. When Delaney was asking for singing and I didn't know what she meant Cecelia ran over to the CD player and pressed play - then asked Delaney if that was better and told her she loved her. And after dinner was over and Delaney was done Cecelia helped her down from her booster seat and helped buss her dishes.
Then when I was feeding Laila and trying to put her to bed (Bill's off getting a hair cut so I'm home alone), Delaney kept opening Laila's door and flashing her flashlight in my face and distracting Laila from both eating and going to sleep.
BUT, my frustration quickly faded when Delaney looked at me and said "Poly-phen-al?" after seeing a Concord grapes commercial.
And it's only Monday people.
3 comments:
I think Kate and Cecelia need to hang out. That sounds just like her. Ticked as heck one minute, loving the next...can we say bipolar? Not about your daughter, but at least mine. Her new line when she doesn't get her way is, "THIS IS THE WORST DAY EVER!"
I think Delaney and Olivia would have a ball too. Sounds like they both like to be silly and keep us entertained.
How many times have you looked at your sweet precious Laila and thought, "Dear God you will be like them in a couple of years?!"
Keep posting, we love reading it!
I hear you, A.J.
Yesterday when Isabelle and I left dance class she wanted me to carry her to the car, so I did. We get to the car and she says, "but I wanted to walk!" We go back. She walks. We get to the car...."but, I wanted you to carry me!" I'm done indulging this so I tell her no. She wants me to put her in the carseat, so I do. "But, I wanted to do it myself!"
Lather, rinse, repeat.
AUGH!
I am so glad that you posted the roller coaster ride! Parenting is such a blessing, but then you want to sell your kids to the circus the next.
I couldn't even give you my extreme examples of my two silly boys. I love them to pieces and they drive me to the looney bin!
I am with ya!
Post a Comment