Monday, December 15, 2008

What a Whirlwind




We made it to and from Cleveland in one piece. I have registered all my girls for frequent flyer miles because at the rate they travel they will probably earn a free ticket before they hit puberty.

The people on the airline were so accommodating! Even though Laila was supposed to be on my lap they let me have two seats so I could strap her in her carseat instead. It was wonderful because she napped on both flights and I got to enjoy my "in-flight beverage" and trashy magazine while she slept! One of the flight attendants gave her a set of wings for me to put in her baby book.

Once in Cleveland we went to my Mom's condo to drop off our luggage and have a quick lunch.

Then, we headed over to Lakeview Cemetary to see Rick. It was a beautiful day, cold, but sunny. We shed a few tears and had a few laughs - all in Rick's honor. I know he was there with us in spirit. It was nice to visit the mausoleum (it is gorgeous!) alone and clear minded. Last time I was there everything was such a blur.

After that we shopped. I have to take a moment to brag here. I had Laila strapped to me in her bjorn facing out wearing an adorable Christmas outfit with matching hat given to her by Sarah. My child was mobbed. I'm not exxaggerating. We were walking in to one store and 4 or 5 women circled us and were all oohing and aahing over her. I'm used to babies receiving lots of attention but this was slightly bizarre. I guess no one can resist a cute baby dressed in her Christmas best.

We had take out from the Japanese restaurant and then went to see the Rockette's Christmas Spectacular. The show was...well....spectacular!! I highly recommend seeing it if you ever get the opportunity. We were immersed in the Christmas spirit and it really got us even more in to the holiday season. They ended the show with a Living Nativity that was seriously out of control good. Camels, sheep, ponies and all. Nice to have the real meaning of Christmas portayed.
Saturday we did more shopping and eating then ended our day with a Christmas movie marathon.
And, as usual, when it was time to come home yesterday it all felt like it went by too fast.
As a side note, my Mom looks amazing and is doing remarkably well. It was so good to see her.
Lastly, while I was away the mice certainly played! Not only did Bill make ginger cream cookies and gingerbread cookies from scratch with the girls, but he also totally cleaned the house and did the laundry. I hope Santa is watching him as he is definitely deserving of the nice list this year!




2 comments:

Unknown said...

Great post!! It has love, humor, true emotion, and a little bit of spice...but where is the picture of Laila in her Xmas best?

Erin said...

I'm so glad you had a wonderful time with your mom! Traveling with a baby is never "easy," but it sounds like your travel time was about as relaxing as it could be. And coming home to a clean house and no laundry because your husband did all the work...well, it doesn't get any better than that!