It's just that (as you all know) the days can sometimes be so chaotic, crazy and loud I can hardly wait for the sun to go down. I am usually exhausted and prickly and just want to get the kids to bed.
Reading a story (or 2 or 3....) before bed, for me, is calming and the perfect way to end the day with my children. Even Laila is starting to get in on the act. She likes to look at the books, kick them and turn her head up at me when I change my voice as I read.
I know many of you have this same routine before bed and I think it's just wonderful.
(Totally off the subject, but the vain part of me wants to tell you that the red hole on my forhead is from a biopsy I had on Monday. Turns out all my years of trying to tan my freckled lilly white skin has produced some spots of skin cancer. Do not be alarmed!! It is easily treatable and will be taken care of in about a month or so. But in the mean time I will be sporting some new looks: lots of hats and scarves to cover up my mutilated face. Do you think I could get away with a sweatband??)
4 comments:
I am glad you are okay. That is scary....we all used tan! I still love to point my face directly to the sun. I just love the feeling. I should be more careful....buy why can't the sun just be safe!
Love the reading picture too!
Love the picture - so sweet.
I learned my lesson about tanning a few years ago too. I had to have a cancerous spot removed too.
I'm glad you're okay!
Holly
chica how did you know to get it checked out? I always wonder which spots to get checked and which are normal. I too have spent way too many hours in tanning beds trying to make my freckled fair skin be something it's not! That is sweet picture of you and your girls just being in the moment. Those are my favorites to look back on.
What a great picture. Bill must be ready with the camera to capture these precious moments. I love reading to the kids, too. It makes me sleepy, though!
I'm so glad you're okay. If you go with the sweatband, google images of Olivia Newton-John from her "Physical" era. The lady knew how to work a headband!
Post a Comment