Monday, July 27, 2009

Activity Level

Sometimes I really do not know if my kids are getting enough activity or too much activity.
I guess on a day to day basis I would prefer if they do something other than just hang around the house. Some days it just means a trip to the park, other days it means the zoo or the library or something like that.
Evenings are different because most of their scheduled activities occur at that time - like swimming or dance.
The days can seem so long and I feel like a bad mom if we just "hang out" all day.
What makes it hard is that Laila is at that age where I really can't do much of anything with her. If we're outside she wants to eat rocks, climb stairs, eat sand and find trouble wherever she can. And, she refuses to sit in a saucer at this point.
Taking her places is a little easier if she can be in her stroller, but she has to be distracted and entertained at all times or she freaks out because she wants to get out.
I cannot wait until she can walk!!

So, how much activity do your kids usually get during the day?

2 comments:

TBRKO said...

Hey there! I would say my kids are pretty active. Much of that is due to our neighborhood. As you know, there are 20 children in the culdesac alone. There is normally always someone to be with.
I find that Ryan loves to be active, Kate doesn't need to be, and Olivia is either way.
I worry too that my kids are in too many things, but what do you do when your kids enjoy so many things? Make them choose? Put my personal sanity first? So far we have a good team system going on, but now Olivia is getting in to stuff, it could change.
I think each child's needs are different, and as long as we don't let them eat crap and sit in front of the tv all day, we are all doing all right.

Unknown said...

My boys are pretty active too. They can play outside all day-swim, bike, sandbox, park, pool, basketball, baseball (Not Anthony's favorite), paint, watch Sponge Bob. They are not picky. I encourage to have fun but hey if they want to have a lazy day I have no problem jumping along side of them and enjoying the peace. Those days come few and far between.