


Okay, so, here are the pictures of the holes in my basement floor from yesterday. The guys were chasing the rotted pipe trying to find a good piece on each end to cut off on. They were worried that they might have to start digging in through the bathroom tile - but luckily they did not!I had to do daycare on Wednesday at my friend Jen's house (thanks Jen!) because of the jack hammering and concrete dust. What I wasn't expecting was the TOTALLY FOUL smell that would come from the hole in the floor and the dirt surrounding it. People, I change dirty diapers all day long, have dealt with every kind of vomit you can imagine, but nothing could have prepared me for this smell. When I walked in the door I had an instant gag reflex - for the first time in my life.
By the end of the day, though, we burned some oils and candles and managed to sleep in our own beds.
However, there was no way I was going to subject my daycare families to my stinky house. So, yesterday we had daycare at Clare's house (thanks Clare!).
That brings us to this morning.
Laila wakes up to eat. As I'm changing her diaper Bill walks in with an exploded can of caffeine free Diet Coke which, apparently, exploded all over the car. Great.
Then, I lay Laila in bed with me to nurse. She eats off one side, has a little cough, and projectile vomits it all up.
I put her in the Jump-a-Roo, change the sheets and throw them in the wash.
Laila starts to fuss. I grab her and smell her - yep - dirty diaper.
Wait for it........
Pooptastrophie.
Get her in the tub all while smearing poop all over myself trying to not make a mess.
She is worn out and already back asleep.
Oh, did I mention it's -20 degrees?? (that's negative twenty for those of you not used to seeing a minus sign in front of your temperature).
I was going to try and pick up a shift at the restaurant tonight to make a little extra cash so we're not eating Ramon noodles on our vacation but will have to wait to see how my pukey/poopy baby does today.
I mean, come on already.
4 comments:
Your day sounds horrible!!! Hoping a long weekend will help!
Keep us posted on your munchkin. I hope your weekend goes better...so sorry about all of this! You need a drink..or two..or four.
Oh no...what a crappy day. yes, pun intended. I hope Laila is feeling better and you are enjoying a well-deserved drink and bubble bath. I gotta tell ya, though--your post made me laugh. Thanks for sharing it with us!
Seriously sister, this post has become famous. I showed my entire family tonight. I promise when I win the lottery your name will be on a check ASAP. Tough week, next week can only be better. Love you!
Post a Comment