Monday, January 19, 2009

Things Could Definitely Be Worse

For example, I came across this blog just yesterday and it put everything in to perspective for me.

Don't get me wrong, I wasn't actually feeling that sorry for myself, just a little tired and worn out - we can't all be rainbows and sunshine 24/7.

Difficult times are like dark clouds that pass overhead and block the sun. When we look more closely at the edges of every cloud we can see the sun shining there like a silver lining.

I was thinking about that last night and came up with the following:
1) At least I have a home that is not in forclosure.
2) We have a laundromat blocks away to dry our clothes - and quarters to put in the machines.
3) I have blog friends, and phone friends and real live friends and family who are ready to listen and care and help out in any way that you/they can.
4) Most importantly. Bill and I and the children might be sick, but not with something that isn't curable. We have, generally speaking, healthy and happy children who all got to come home from the hospital with us and haven't had to go back except for the usual well-check here and there.
I would live under a bridge, ride the city bus and not bathe for years and it wouldn't matter as long as my family is together.

On that note, I am truly looking forward to another crazy week!!

4 comments:

TBRKO said...

Did Bill get sick too?

ABCDH said...

Bonnie-
That would be a yes. Literally, the moment I started to feel better (around 3:30 yesterday) Bill started heaving. It was like a tag team.
Delaney has been VERY sick all day today, but Cecelia and I are on the mend.
I have been pumping Laila with breastmilk so hopefully she'll be okay. Although, I really think she's the one who started all this in the first place.

TBRKO said...

Oh you poor family. Whether or not you want us feeling badly, I do!
That has only happened once to us all-knock wood. Well we all got it other than baby Olivia. No fun!

Jenay said...

I hope you have a better week than last week! It's always something, but it's nice to find little reminders that put everything in check.