Wednesday, January 28, 2009

A Post About Nothing

Just to give you something to read.

I realized that it has been two years since I first started this blog. Can you believe it? It has become a real part of my life. I think in terms of posts now, which is pretty funny. I feel like I get so much out that I never would otherwise - as far as my thoughts and feelings and questions.

We leave for FL in 3 days, people!! Our clothes are packed, but that's it. I still have to get together all the baby stuff and bathroom stuff, etc. I can't wait for Saturday to get here already.

Laila is still fighting a nasty cough and I'm praying she's fully recovered before we have to travel and we all have to breath in that canned air. It's like a cold in a box tied up with a pretty ribbon. Someone is bound to get sick from the airplane.

I've been going on Facebook quite a bit lately. Why is it I went for, what, 15 years without giving a crap about so-and-so from freshman year biology and now I pop in just to see what he/she is "doing right now."??

When we go to FL next week I told Bill I wanted to go to the beach and he immediately responded with why I would want to drive 2 hours each way to go to the beach and not even swim. Do any of you see the value in showing your children the OCEAN for the first time, letting them collect seashells and running their feet through the sand?? I love my husband to death, but sometimes we just don't see eye to eye.

What else?

Oh, I'm sort of at a crossroads with my daycare right now. As it stands, I will be losing 2 out of my 3 families this year and am seriously wondering if I want to start all over with new families or just keep the one little girl and have more free time for my own self/family.
Why can't I just win the lottery. Or, I guess, just live within my means.

I missed most of Idol last night - was it good? I did see the end of Biggest Loser and was pretty sad about Dan getting voted out. Real Housewives of Orange County was pretty interesting too - Jeana's sons are in need of a big reality check when it comes to treating their mother with respect.

Anyway, I hope that's enough nonsense for you for one day.

Have a great humpday!!

3 comments:

TBRKO said...

Okay AJ I came home to see Brady. I had to be at work by 7am and didn't get to say goodbye. I also HAD to write on your blog. The facebook thing is so true! It's funny how we are coming full circle.
Have a BLAST at Disney. Some day we will get together to have our kids play, hang out, and laugh.
Oh and tell Bill to go to the ocean. We went to the ugly side in 2006. Still, it was cool for the kids to see. Olivia hated it though, but she was only one. The others loved it.

Jenay said...

i loved your post! About the ocean... a perfect example of men and women being so totally different! I am so jealous that you are off to FL with your family. I hope that dave and i can take our kids next year. Emily tells me frequently that she is the only 5yr old on the planet that hasn't been on a plane. How sad is that? Take Care!

Unknown said...

I love your nonsense. Your nonsense is my nonsense. I was just going to post about facebook today. I think I still am going to. Love you!